Last updated: May 2018
Teacher International Limited is an independent recruitment company that specialises in the recruitment of both temporary and permanent personnel to meet our clients’ needs by connecting suitable candidates with leading employers in the education sector in geographical locations around the world. Teacher International Limited is a United Kingdom company, registration Number 10485624.
‘Personal Information’ is any information that identifies you such as your email address, name, date of birth, identification documents, email address and CV.
We will ensure that the information you provide us through email, our website, address, telephone or through any and all other means is used only for the required purposes set out in this policy.
‘Candidates’ are individuals to whom we provide recruitment services by assisting them in finding a new job, advising them in a suitable and applicable manner under GDPR regulations.
A ‘Client’ is an individual or individuals working for businesses who employ our recruitment services as a potential supplier of suitable Candidates.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have a number of sources by which Personal Information is collected. Your Personal Information is collected when you submit your CV and application and/ or registration forms as well via telephone, email, mail, website contact and by any other means of transportation including hand delivery. In addition, the following methods are all examples by which Personal Information is collected:
- When a Candidate sends their CV to us, registering with us for a particular, a variety of or all potential job vacancies;
- By direct application from a Candidate to the Teacher International Ltd. website;
- By application of a Candidate to an advertisement on a third-party jobs website;
- Job and public forums and platforms such as Opportunity and/ or LinkedIn;
- Third party CV providers such as jobs websites and CV search databases in which potential Candidates have registered their CV in which to find a suitable job match;
- Candidate referees and/ or other Associated Contacts of the Candidate;
We will only ever source data that is necessary to provide services to you and in a way that would be generally expected.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE HAVE
The Personal Information we have about you may include the following:
- General identification and contact information: your name, address, email, telephone details, gender, marital status, date of birth, nationality.
- Other sensitive information: racial or ethnic origin, disability, or criminal record.
- Information enabling us to provide recruitment services: location, whether or not you hold a driving licence.
- Publicly available information in relation to professional history: educational background, employment history, skills and experience, professional licenses and affiliations, educational and professional qualifications.
LAWFUL USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information is processed in accordance with the law. When and where consent is sought, you will be fully aware of what you have consented to and the purpose. Your Personal Information may be processed without your consent only under circumstances which are compliant with the GDPR and/or is necessary or applicable for reasons such a safety, integrity and suitability.
GDPR regulations determine that we follow lawful processing of all Personal Information. The following explains the ways in which Personal Information is used by Teacher International Ltd.:
Teacher International Ltd. Processes your Personal Information with your Consent which may be collected when you, the Candidate applies to an advertised on our or third party websites, publications or other means of knowledge. Other means by which we seek Consent may be authorised by the completion of our registration form. Where we do not have Consent, we will only process personal data if other lawful grounds are applicable.
Where Teacher International Ltd. and/ or a Client has a contract with a Candidate, such as employment contract or regulatory contract, your Personal Information will be processed in order to fulfil the requirements of the contract, or to undertake set up requirements prior to entering into the contract such as the application of data for obtaining work and entry visas. Examples of this are the sending of your CV, to third party client and/ or embassy and or other applicable and necessary third-party in line with GDPR.
Assessment of employee working capacity
In some circumstances, such as safety checks or contract work, it is a requirement to assess the working capabilities of the Candidate and upon such legal grounds we may be required to process Personal Information in accordance with such requirements.
Teacher International Ltd. may process your Personal Information in accordance with GDPR regulations whereby “if necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data”. We may process your Personal Information where legitimate interests apply where we do not have GDPR compliant consent and/ or when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights. Our legitimate interests include:
- Ensuring our responsibilities to Candidates, Clients and stakeholders are met.
- Protection and maintenance of the health and safety of candidates, clients, stakeholders and employees
- Continuing the provision of our services to candidates and clients
- Responding to queries, questions and forms of contact
- Communicating appropriately, with relevance and in line with GDPR when sending any and all forms of communication to the candidate and client
- Where necessary and appropriate for the efficient operation of our services and website
- Providing and supplying services to our clients and candidates.
If we are required by law to process personal data, such as in the undertaking of safety checks, we will process personal data on this legal ground.
Defence of legal claims
In accordance with the law and GDPR, Teacher International Ltd. may use Personal Information in the defence of legal claims or enforcing legal rights.
We reserve the right to process your data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations for example in the prevention, investigation and detection of crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies.
WHERE DO WE STORE DATA AND WHO HAS ACCESS TO IT?
Your data is stored on a secure Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database that is fully encrypted using Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). Our emails are hosted on secure servers using a vast network of data centres. These are built with custom-designed servers that run a bespoke operating system for security and performance. The host also employs dedicated security professionals to work on protecting your data, including some of the world’s foremost experts in computer security.
WHAT ARE OUR PROCESSES FOR SHARING, TRANSFERRING, MODIFYING AND DELETING DATA?
Your Personal Information is only shared with your consent to hiring bodies and within Teacher International for the purpose of processing legal data (such as compliance within the legal requirements of the recruitment hiring process).
Modifications are carried out centrally by our employees with your consent, for example a change of address.
Deletion of data occurs either at your request or when the retention period has ended. Please see Retention section below.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
Teacher International Ltd. may share your Personal Information in accordance with Consent to the following:
- Our clients
We may share your Personal Information with suitable school and/ or working environments to which you are suited with the aim of matching you to a job/ potential job/ several jobs/ potential jobs.
- Our Company compliance and service providers
This may or may not be internal or external third-party service providers, such as payroll providers or I.T. providers such as data and document storage and cloud providers and other similar third-party vendors and any other service providers that assist and enable us to carry out required business activities.
- Legal Parties and Governmental authorities
Teacher International Ltd. may need to process Personal Information for legal requirements, and to ensure our recruitment practices are in line in accordance with the Law.
- Other third parties
Occasionally we may share Personal Information with other third parties in accordance with your Consent.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Teacher International Ltd. may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- In the provision of recruitment services
- Where it is necessary for legitimate interests
- Where it is legally required for regulation or law enforcement purposes.
- To maintain our client and candidate business relationships
- Answering your queries;
- To match your Personal Information with jobs and suitable potential jobs and in the submission of your CV to clients
- To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients.
- Transferring data between our offices, consultants or functions for internal administrative purposes;
- setting up contractual assignments with a client;
ensuring network and information security; and/or carrying out direct marketing.
- To exchange potential job position information, general job information and the applicable general actions such as discussing your suitability with the potential employer and applicable requirement checks.
- To trusted third parties where necessary or requested and where Consent is required or may be overridden due to requirements by law and or legitimate interest, such as in the collection of references, qualification, identity and criminal checks, verification of any details you may have provided from third party sources. All third parties comply with required GDPR privacy and confidentiality.
- To any third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants, research and mailing organisation where necessary and applicable and in accordance with the regulations and Consent where required. All third parties comply with required GDPR privacy and confidentiality.
- We always strive to improve our services and Personal Information may be used provided we have a legal basis to do so to gain customer insight, store and back up information and to improve our services.
- We may also request your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information for any purpose/s not listed above.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under the GDPR and The UK Data Protection Act 1998 and any privacy legislation which may apply, you have a number of rights in relation to the Personal Information held about you, such as:
- The right to be know how your Personal Information will be stored and used.
- The right to access your personal data.
- The right to request changes to Personal Information and how it is used.
- The right to be deleted (to be forgotten).
- The right to limit what we use your personal data for and how. You also have the right to stop any current actioned processing of data.
- The right to obtain your personal data for personal use or to transfer to another service provider under Data Portability.
- Stop any and all marketing, profiling and automated related processing.
Please note that Teacher International Ltd. cannot delete your personal data or Personal Information where:
- We are legally required to keep it
- It is necessary for legal process or claims
- Whereby any regulations applicable prevent us from doing so
Where possible Teacher International Ltd. will endeavour to comply with your request and do so in timely manner.
If you wish to contact us with respect to these matters, or if you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact the Chief Data Control Officer on CDCO@teacherinternational.com.
Teacher International Ltd. will keep your data for a period of 3 years following the date of the last engagement of communication OR at your request that all your data be deleted.
WHO TO CONTACT ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Chief Data Control Officer is responsible for your information at Teacher International Ltd. If you have any questions about this policy or our use of your Personal Information you can contact the Chief Data Control Officer at CDCO@teacherinternational.com
From time to time we may make changes to this privacy statement. Any changes will be available on this website and the date of update will be listed at the top of the page.